Tuesday 29 December 2020

The Year That Was 2020

 

Top 9, that I don't think accurately represented my 2020.

I reached my goal of 2020 miles almost 2 months earlier than years past. I am currently working to reach 3600K by NYE. 

In person races: 2

Badges: 4 (Thames Valley, Grand Valley, Elgin, Lambton Shores) Bonus: Speed River E2E, no badge available. 😓

Ultras: 3 (Elgin Trail, TVT, Adrenaline Dawn Breaker 106K) - not counting GVRAT 1000K, Yeti 24h Challenge, or the 43K I ran on Tally in the Valley day.

It was my goal to run 3x100K this year to prepare for my first 100 miler in 2021, I will have to settle for a distance PB at Dawn Breaker and my annual mileage PB as adequate preparation.

Highlights: 

- being present at the finish for for THREE awesome friends' first ultras. 

- running 42.2K for my 42nd birthday.

- exploring unmarked but local trails when the main trails were closed during the spring lockdown.

- having wonderful support with pacing and crewing for the 106K.

Lowlights:

- tripping on a washed out hole on a suburban gravel trail, eating shit, and spraining my ankle in all directions. I don't think my ankle will ever be the same again.

- getting my legs really stuck in a swamp on a solo run somewhere on the GVT. 

Goals for 2021: 100 miler! Currently working on at least 1 Bruce Trail club winter E2E. First winter ultra. I'm afraid to make more solid plans beyond that, with the uncertain future.

No comments:

Post a Comment