Sunday 4 January 2015

My skincare routine

Included in the Oakville HM race kit this year was a sample pack of TheFaceShop products.  Having had acne since age 8, over the years I've tried tons of skin care products.  I have to say TFS products have impressed me like no other.    All the products I've tried so far have a very pleasant, but not overpowering scent and most importantly, they pretty much do EXACTLY what they are supposed to do!  They are also very affordable, and there are constant store-wide discounts on top of that.

So I thought I'd write this blog post to detail how I keep my skin in decent shape while being outside year-round.

Cleansers:

 TFS Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam Spearmint For Man - this is supposedly for men, but the fragrance is a pleasant green tea/mint scent and is suitable for both sexes.  I used Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for about 10 years, but the first TFS product I tried was The Smim toner, and after washing with C&C, the toner still removed a ton of makeup I didn't realize was still on my face.  The Herb Day cleansing foam washes absolutely clean.  A freaking steal at $6 for a giant tube.

TFS Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam - I got this in a gift pack from Nicole for Christmas.  It doesn't clean quite as deeply as the Herb Day, but still very thorough.  Smells great, faintly citrus-y.


Rice Water Bright Cleansing Set.  Includes Cleansing Foam, Eye/Lip makeup remover, 3 sheet masks.

Exfoliant:

TFS Jelly Apple Peeling - I had a sample of White Jewel Peeling, which is stronger and liked, but they were sold out so I got this instead.  I'm not a huge fan, I can't feel the dead skin beading up when I scrub like I could with the White Jewel.  My skin does feel very smooth after using though.


Toner:

TFS The Smim Fermentation Concentrate Emulsion - I bought this because it was less expensive than the toner (The Smim is one of the most expensive TFS lines) because I was so impressed by how well it cleaned off the makeup remnants, but the Herb Day does such a good job that I find the toner somewhat unnecessary.  I use it if I've been out and about all day without makeup and still want to clean a bit before bed.  

Moisturizer/sun protection:

Marcelle Essentials Multi Defense Cream SPF 15.  This is my every day stuff.  It's soothing and keeps my face from getting chapped, even in the winter.  TFS doesn't have a facial moisturizer with SPF.  Shocking.

Kiehl's Facial Fuel UV Guard SPF 50+ - the hardcore shit for sunny days and summer.  My skin is completely non greasy after applying, and it doesn't sting my eyes.  Worth the $39 price tag.

TFS Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack - one of the samples in the Oakville race kit was the Babyface Aqua Drop Pack, which I loved for how gentle and soothing it was.  Also, it was a light gel texture and again very lightly scented, unlike many anti-aging night creams out there.  I couldn't find the Aqua Drop Pack at my local TFS, so the girl recommended Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack instead, and it is very similar.  You squeeze a tiny amount (about the size of a pencil eraser) and rub it into your face, where it melts into liquid.  You then gently pat your face until the liquid is absorbed into the skin.


Other:

TFS Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Remover - the engrish is pretty funny, eh? Lip & eye MAKEUP remover, as I still have both lips and both eyes after using.  It is a biphase cleanser, non greasy, smells great.  I still have a bit of mascara residue after using but less than the Nivea remover I was using before.

TFS Real Nature Mask Rice - I've never used a sheet mask before, and it was less annoying than the clay masks that get into your hair and fingernails, crack when your move a muscle and take forever to wash off.  I once tried a sample of that Glamglow mask that a lot of people seem to love and it made my normally grease bomb skin so dry and irritated,. that it took almost a week to calm back down to normal.  My skin was very soft and smooth after using the sheet mask.


Disclaimer: All products reviewed in this blog post were purchased by myself or received as gifts or samples. I am not affiliated with any companies or brands - therefore the opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment