Sunday 28 December 2014

The obligatory 2014 roundup post


In the past, the year end roundup post has been full of numbers, stats and dreams of PBs in the coming year.  This year I'm doing something a little bit different.

As I was planning this post in my head, I thought for a second, "I haven't accomplished much this year." and then promptly stopped myself. I may have "only" run 2 PBs this year, but obviously my achievements this year aren't in the speed department, they are in learning to like trail running, and finally learning to ride a bike after 36 years. Even though Paul is still giving me shit for saying I wouldn't as recently as May.

I also felt like it was noteworthy to mention all the new people I met through running/ran with this year.  I love meeting runners; it's like we are old friends right away!


Erin
















Heather
Anna
Pranada
Jana
Rhonda-Marie
Kim (since we never ran together before this year)

...did I forget anyone?? I feel like I'm missing someone or two...


Stats

Running: 2374.1K (goal: 2400)  I believe I've been over 2600K the last 2 years, but thanks to the advent of Audrey Lexa, my fall HM training cycle was only 4 days a week instead of 5.

Bike: 1369.07K. Holy crap.  I had no idea I rode that much, especially considering I couldn't even ride more than 200 m without falling over at the end of May.

Other (strength training, yoga, a couple walks and exactly once on the elliptical): 70:11

What's next in 2015?

1/17 - 1 hour Frosty Trail Run
3/1 - Chilly HM (2:15 r/w pacer, of course)
3/29 - ATB
4/18 - MEC Burlington Race 1
5/3 - Mississauga HM (hopefully pacing)
5/23 - Sulphur Springs 25K
6/7 - NFWHM (pacing)
6/20 - 5peaks Rattlesnake Point
Sept - Chase the Coyote
9/27 - Oakville HM (pacing and it better not be the same weekend as CtC)
TBA - a duathlon
various trail races, possibly another obstacle event, and also MS Bike Tour, as time and finances permit.

2014 wasn't a great year for me personally, but I am still satisfied with my fitness achievements.  Here's to better things in 2015!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy year ahead. I still have to do my obligatory post too :) That's what I love about running - the people you meet. All the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work this year! You conquered a whole lot in your fitness growth for sure! Could you have imagined biking and trail running at this time last year? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about perspective. I think you've had a great year! Enjoy the trails and the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I like that I got a call-out in your year-end review. You were SO against trails, but I love that you've learned to love them! It's a big change and nice that you found something new to love!

    Here's hoping 2015 is even better personally and fitness-wise than 2014!!

    ReplyDelete