Tuesday 28 December 2021

Twenty Twenty One (hundred miles)


It is once again time for the annual year in review post. Obviously, the BHAG that was achieved this year was my first 100 miler. Here's another picture of my buckle, because it is just that amazing.

bought from Molly's Custom Silver

Mileage: 

As I write this post, I am at 3598.7K for the year. I ran 3612K in 2020, so I am on track to hit at least 3613K this year. I should aim for 3650K in 2022, in order to average 10K daily.

Events:

3 in person (Tally 24 hour, 3 Days in the Park, The Leftovers)
2 virtual (Valentine's Fatazz, Tail Chaser)
All ultra distance except The Leftovers.

Badges:

2 - Niagara Winter E2E, Avon Trail.


Highlights:

- the 100 miler, obviously. Seeing so many friends take time from their busy lives to keep me company really meant everything to me.
- my first winter ultra.
- volunteering at more events than I ever have before. It's not just for karma points, it's SO FUN!


- the great times on and off the trail spent with friends at various events.

Lowlights:

- Rolling my already permanently wonky right ankle some more and dooming myself to a life with an ankle brace.
- getting way more aches and niggles despite taking up mobility instead of yoga. Obviously I am not dedicated enough, or age is catching up to me.
- hiding behind a tree in some lady's yard for like an hour, because the shortcut back to the trail was in her yard and she sat out there talking on the phone the whole time.

Goals for 2022:

- at least 2022 miles. Maybe I can hit that goal before Halloween?
- NOT run a 100 miler. 
- I want to work on making myself run more during the night and when I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment